Sunday, August 2, 2009
Oh hey girls!!
I was so excited when I opened our roommate blog to find new posts from everyone! I can't believe you guys have finally posted about your lives and it's so good to hear that everyone is having a great summer. It's funny that we're all over the place, but I'm excited to get back in the fall and see all of your lovely faces again! We are definitely going to have to organize some sort of ex-roommate extravaganza when we reunite. Anyway, El Salvador is so awesome! I am really loving the people I'm here with and the projects we're working on. It's so fun to talk to all the little boys and girls and help them. Also, our friend, Dan (who was in my ward in Provo last spring) just moved home to El Salvador where he is originally from and he happens to live only a block away! It's very random, but has been really fun. Our whole group went dancing at a cantina (which is a bar) on Friday night and we invited Dan. He showed us all his moves, which were actually pretty impressive, and we danced the whole time. There were some nasty people there too and they were smoking, but our group had a ton of fun. People get ridiculously sweaty when dancing though and it's pretty sick. Anyway, since I've been here, I've taught a few English classes (one to LDS people, one to some high school kids), worked in a boys orphanage and one for little girls from troubled homes, worked with an organization that gives people free eye exams and glasses, taught a business games to small business owners, went swimming and fell of a rock into the ocean (after the locals told me and Kortni it was too dangerous, but we got scraped up to teach us a lesson), went swimming in some waterfalls, bought a bunch of cheap jewelry, painted some murals for little kids, went to see some movies, went dancing twice, ate WAY too many cookies, and slept a ridiculous amount (as in more than I ever have before in my life). The people are so funny and we have a good time and I have met the cutest Hispanic kids I have ever seen. I basically have a crush on like every one of them, but four in particular. They're all like five years old and they just make me so happy. Anyway, I'm going to try to post some pictures and we shall see if it works. I hope you guys are all doing so great. Good luck at the wedding, Summer! I know you will be so beautiful and I'm so sad I can't be there. I love you all and I will see you soonish! Nos vemos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment