



The first picture is Kortni and I with my good friend, Spencer, who is a 19 year old El Salvadorean native. I met him when we went dancing the first time. His friend was a jerk to me who told me I was a terrible dancer so I sat down at his table and talked to him for a long time and his English was really good. He's a member of the church and he went to the beach with our group the next day. He also helped save my life after our group went to climb this huge rock during high tide and Kortni and I got knocked off and beat up by the rocks and waves. If you look closely, you can see my injuries on my knee and up my leg. This is an oldie, but goodie from our Prince Edward Island trip this year. It was a very nice place and this lovely picture of Jordy and I is a tribute to my little brother because he's going on a mission really soon and I'm sad. In case I didn't tell you, he's going to Washington Kennewick Mission on September 2nd. He's cute and I'm going to miss him. He got those new glasses and they are so big, which cracks me up. The next picture, which I am sorry to say are repeats of the pictures Kortni posted on Facebook, but I thought you guys might not have found them there, is a picture of Kortni, me and Dan. We went to his house for dinner last Sunday and ate lunch with his family. They are so adorable and attractive and it was so fun seeing the way a real El Salvadorean family works. And the second picture...This is the lovely Fermin - one of the little boys that we play soccer with and hang out with at Hogar Providencia. They're a group of little boys that are in a home for boys that have a high likelihood of being in gangs. Some of them have families and some of them don't, but they are all adorable and fun.
1 comment:
those are lovely pictures! el salvador looks awesome! i think my favorite part is how white you and kortni look next to the el salvadorians. ;) hope your doing well! love you!!
Post a Comment