Sean's parents came in town last weekend.
I really enjoyed getting to know them. I don't know if y'all remember the story of when I met Jacob's mom, but pretty much she rejected my hug that I tried to give her when we met.
No worries, this meeting was much better. His momma went straight in for the hug as soon as I got out of the car. She was very warm and inviting and I did not feel like I had to prove myself to her. It seemed it was enough for her that I was important to Sean. We had a fun weekend of eating out, visiting Park City, going to Real Salt Lake games, and swimming. I was glad to meet his parents and it definitely is nice to know that I am accepted by his parents.
Sean's dad is funny, he definitely lets his wife dominate most of the conversation, but when you get him alone he is so silly and fun. It was just Sean his dad and I at the soccer game. It was raining and we lost, but it was so much fun!
Things are going great besides Sean. I will be done with school in 2 weeks! I can't wait to be done, but think it is finally hitting me that it's all over. Sad to think I will not be able to come up on campus and won't be considered a BYU student anymore. It's really been 4 of the most wonderful years of my life. Mostly thanks to you wonderful girls! I love y'all.
My internship is great as well, super fun to interact with the residents and get to know them and hear about their lives and all that they have been through. My favorite person right now is a man named James from Southern Mississippi. he has a precious southern accent and is always telling me to listen to people and learn from what you hear and to be kind because people appreciate simple courtesies. He's great! I also love sweet little Elaine, who sits by me during sit down Tai Chi and laughs at the way I do the moves. She is a doll!
Anyway, that's my update! When we went to Park City Sean was adamant that he get his picture taken in a bobsled...don't worry he did!
2 comments:
Yay! I'm so happy to hear that everything went well and that your internship is so much fun. It's so good to hear from you!
Look at you, meetin' the parents! I'm sure they LOVED you. What's not to love? DUH!
Post a Comment