Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Inspired.

Kylie, I am so impressed and inspired by your progress! I have been super down on myself lately because I don't feel good about myself and none of my clothes fit the way they used to. I've gained about 20 pounds in the past 2 years and am so annoyed. I really want to run, but everytime I do all I can think about is how much I don't want to be running. It's so hard for me to find the motivation to go, especially when all JD wants to do is stay home and relax because he works so hard. I don't know how to find something that really motivates me to want to exercise. When I went home this last week for my Granny's funeral, I was talking to my mom about my dilemma. She asked me if I was treating my body like a temple- if i was keeping up with proper maintenance and enforcing very particular standards about what comes in. When I thought about it this way, everything changed. I need to be better about taking care of my body because God trusted me to take care of His temple. I am feeling really encouraged to jump start my health goals. I am so inspired by all of you girls' willingness to run, and hope that someday soon I can honestly say I enjoy running. Love you!

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Summer, I don't necessarily love running, I just really love that I feel healthier and that keeps me going. If running isn't your thing, try swimming or something that is more enjoyable. I'm going to keep going in the fall and probably hit up the gym once I can use it again (since I'll be a student). If you ever want to go with me, just call!

The biggest thing that I've learned (like I already said before) is that it takes time, consistency and patience...a lot of patience. I've been frustrated several times this summer, it has NOT been easy and I don't anticipate it to be. But I agree with you, looking at it from your mom's perspective is a good way to start. We need to remember that our bodies are precious gifts and need to be treated as such. I'm still working on feeling like my body is wonderful, but I'm getting there. :) I still have a long way to go, but hopefully I can keep it up...and I know you can do it!

Get JD to go on walks with you in the morning or something. I guess your work schedule might not work out, but maybe you have a friend you can do it with. Walks are good, they can get your heart rate up just as much as running and it's easier on the knees. :)