Friday, July 30, 2010

ulterior motive

So here's a funny story...kind of for Steph Lee but you all should enjoy it, too.

Ok, so there is this kid in my ward who I find extremely annoying. His name is Colin. He is British, which doesn't really make any difference, I just wanted to throw that out there.

Like I said, Colin rubs me the wrong way. He's done several things that just irritate me, but I just don't hang out with him very often and try not to make it a big deal since it's not worth my time to. (I won't go into detail, it's just there have been several times where I could just tell he is a shallow, spineless, fake, rude person who isn't really someone I want to hang out with).

So the other day I get this facebook message:

Hey kylie!

just wanted to write you a little note to let you know that we all appreciate how great you are! sometimes i get the impression that i have offended you in the past. if that is true i am so sorry! i hope you know that i really appreciate everything you do to bless this ward and those around you! you're awesome kylie!

stay sweet.

your friend,
colin

Since I usually am a trusting, forgiving, kind, wonderful person (he he), I thought that it was nice and wrote him back apologizing for giving him that impression and that we are friends. I still wasn't planning on being buddy buddy with him, but it was a nice gesture...

Then the day after I get that message, I was at the plasma center and ran into Scott Nielson and we got talking. He said something about Colin, so I told him how he messaged me. I thought it was weird, but whatever. Then...Scott tells me this:

So I guess Colin has been talking to Scott about wanting to ask Stephanie out on a date. He knew Scott kind of knew Steph but Scott said he didn't know her well enough to ask her to go on a date with Colin. So who does Colin know that knows Stephanie Lee really well? Kylie. Cue pathetic message above.

OH MY GOODNESS! And here I was thinking that Colin was just trying to be nice. So I told Scott that Stephanie was in Canada for the rest of the summer and then heading to Jerusalem in the fall. Plus, I would tell her not to go on a date with Colin (unless you really wanted to) because he is SO NOT good enough for her. Colin goes for the shallow, dumb girls...completely opposite of Stephanie. I would not give my blessing on that relationship (again, unless you really did like him, I would try to consider being happy about it), but honestly...GROSS! I can't believe he thinks he could get someone like you, Steph. And I can't believe he thought he could use me to get to you...I'm not as dumb as he looks...duh!

Then Scott ensued on a exhausting conversation about dating and I tried very hard to change the subject because I wasn't in the mood. He's friends with Colin, so I wonder if he told him I figured out his little plan. I hope he did...

Although he's an annoying little poo, I still thought I should tell you, Steph...one, to show you that you are hot stuff and that boys would try to do silly things like this to go out with you and two, to watch out in case Colin just tries to go after you!

Love you!

P.S. I've lost 19 lbs since the beginning of June!! But, I still don't think I could hike Timp...kill me. 10 hours on a mountain sounds like the worst punishment you could give me.

5 comments:

Steph said...

hahahaha I feel both flattered and weirded out. How did he know I know Scott Nielson? What a random thing to happen.

Also, go you with the 19 pounds thing! The best part is that now you are totally hiking timp with us and it's going to be sooo fun! I can't wait to see you!

Kylie said...

STEPH! I'm NOT hiking it!!!! I CAN'T, I'LL DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN YOU'LL NEVER SEE ME AGAIN...you don't want that on your conscience, do you?!?!?!

Summer said...

so impressive kylie! you go girl :) also, this is a funny story to me and the type of thing i definitely enjoy reading about at work. miss yall!

Cory Sue said...

this story is classic colin stuff, way good.

Kylie, you are impressive! I can't believe it, but since it's you I can believe it!

Stefanie said...

This was hilarious. I don't even know this kid... but what a geek. who even does that?

and also Kylie... that's so awesome!!!! you rock! :)