
So how's it going everyone? I've just been hanging out at my apartment and doing a ton of ridiculous elementary education projects (aka reading stories, painting pictures of fires that the TA says looks like a squash, telling stories about roosters to my class, teaching P.E. to 6th graders that kick each other in the groin for no reason, talking to a kindergartener from Japan named Hikari about learning English, and being busy all the time!). Life is good though and I've been enjoying this semester. I really like all the girls in my classes and they all laugh at my jokes, which you all know really improves my opinion of people. Well, I guess the big news in my life is that I have decided that I'm going on a mission. It's like a for sure thing now. I have already filled out all the information in my papers, gone to the dentist, submitted a picture, and gone to the doctor once. They drew my blood (by the way, Steph, you were right - it barely hurt at all) and I get to find out my blood type next week. I also got measured and now I'm 5'5 1/2". I also had to pee in a cup - did you guys know that was part of the mission physical because I didn't and I didn't drink anything before I went in there. I tried to drink water out of the faucet in the bathroom sink, but I could still only get a little bit in the cup. I have to go back on Monday for a TB test and then I have to go back and see if I reacted to it. Then I just have to go see my bishop and then the stake president and I'll be good to go. I wish all this stuff didn't take so long because I am ready for my mission call to come today. It's so crazy to think that I have no idea where I'm going, but I really would be happy to go anywhere. I really love Spanish so I would love to be able to speak that on my mission, but I know I would love it no matter where I end up going. Oh, also, the nurse told me that my blood pressure is a little high. I might die soon... But the gospel is true so I'm excited to go tell the world! Wish me luck with whatever it is that lies ahead and I will definitely keep you posted about how it's going. Oh and I uploaded that random picture because I didn't have any other pictures that look missionary-ish to go with my post and at least I'm wearing a dress in this one. That reminds me... KaRynn still has that dress of mine. Well, love you guys! Hope to see you this weekend at Travis's reception. :)
2 comments:
Kas! I'm so jealous! You will rock it in the mission field :)
This almost made me cry...in a good way. I'm so proud of you for your decision to serve a mission, Kas! You'll be so great!
Post a Comment