Saturday, October 17, 2009
A cute story for you saps... :)
So I don't know if you guys know Jeff, but he's Kylie's roommate's older brother and I've been going to the MTC every week with him. He just got back from his mission to New York City like a week before school starts and he's really nerdy, but also adorable. Anyway, he's super nice and I have a good time with him. Well, this week he asked me on a date to hike the Y on Saturday at nine in the morning (Cory will tell you that wasn't very fun since my alarm went off at 8:40). Anyway, he picked me up (right on time because he's always on time to everything and of course I wasn't ready, but he expected that since I'm always late to everything) and we drove to the base of the Y. We started hiking and he was really nice, letting me stop every once in a while to take a drink and rest. We finally made it to the top of the Y and we sat down and hung out up there with this adorable little family with a little boy named Enoch. Also, a senior sister missionary from his mission was randomly up there so I got to meet her. She told us that she used to hike the Y every Saturday morning, but that was when she was 70 and she's 80 now. It made me feel like such a loser since I never hike or even exercise and I'm not close to 70. Then Jeff brought out these sandwiches that were bagels with egg, cheese, and ham that were really delicious. He put forth a lot of effort to keep them warm by putting a ton of plastic bags in there for insulation and then a bag of hot water in the big bag. He brought me two and himself one. I could only finish one of them so I offered him the other one and he said," Oh, I don't want it. I've had like twelve of these sandwiches in the past week, trying to figure out how to make them so I'm kinda sick of them." I thought it was so adorable! He really put a lot of thought and effort into it. Then on the way down, I made some joke about how he shouldn't die because I couldn't drag his body down the mountain (it didn't sound that crazy when I said it) and he said," Sure you could. You're a strong woman. I'm a light fella." Classic! Oh he's so great - really nice and nerdy, but I don't really like him as more than a friend. It was a really fun date though. Then I had another date at 4:00. I went to the MOA with him and his roommate and a date. We played some drawing pictures game and looked at the art. We ate some tacos and then we finger painted our version of Starry Night by van Gogh, which I thought turned out really well. Then I accidentally saw Jeff when I was leaving Stew's house and I kinda felt bad, but it's okay. If you want to see the painting, feel free to stop by and I will show you my finger painting skills. Anyway, it was a fun weekend. Cory and I also hit up a bonfire that Kortni was having for her birthday and that was a good time. I'm just having fun and going to see my bishop tomorrow about my mission papers! Hope you guys are all doing well! Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
kas that sounds like an awesome weekend. two dates in one day... get it girl! :) that was a really cute story though. i'm glad he's such a thoughtful guy. the world needs more of those for sure. :)
I'm glad you had fun on your dates. That is so Jeff. Haha. And your picture is awesome.
Post a Comment