Sunday, June 7, 2009

Snapshot of Kasidy's Life

So I have a story that hopefully will make everyone smile.  It involves our good friend, Scott - home teacher and friend of #212.  I saw him in the library the other day and he told me this lovely story.  He said that he was hanging out with Rochelle and Tiffany at #210 the other day and he started talking about us and how he missed us.  They got a little offended and asked," But you still like us better, right? Seriously, who do you like better - 210 or 212?"  He thought about it for a little while and then he said,"212."  Haha... right to their faces!  He said they got pretty mad, but he had to tell the truth.  So funny! 
The next order of business is that my little brother, Jordy, got his mission call!  He got it this weekend and he's reporting September 2.  He's going to serve in the Washington Kennewick Mission, English speaking.  I'm so excited for him and so happy that he's going so soon.  It's a little ridiculous that I have to add someone else to my neverending list of missionaries that I need to write, but I think I'll have to put him at the top.  If any of you remember, that is the mission that Brett Clark from our freshman ward (rugby team boy) is serving in.  I'm going to have to write him a letter and ask him about the mission.  Anyway, that is most of the exciting news from my life right now.  I went camping this weekend in Moab with my roommates and some people from my new ward.  I love nature - it's so beautiful and I really liked sleeping out in the wilderness, except for these stupid noise-making ravens that woke me up at 7:30 in the morning (it was even worse than Stefanie's alarm - haha).  I have also been meeting a bunch of new people and have really been enjoying hanging out with random, new people. I only have three more weeks here at the Casa Dea and then I'm off to Canada and then El Salvador!  I'm excited for the rest of the summer and then to come back and party it up with you guys in the fall! Miss you guys and love you so much!

5 days left of the dance class of death!!! I think I can make it... the end is near.

4 comments:

Cory Sue said...

I love the part of the scott story where you say, "right to their faces." Thanks for posting and I alwasy new we were so much more awesome than them!!
and what's this dance class of death?love ya girl!

Steph said...

HAHA YES!

Stefanie said...

i love that story! oh scott. what a funny guy. thanks for sharing that story kas. i love it! :)

Kasidy said...

Dance class of death = a class where they make you dance around like an idiot while they treat you like a five year old child and then tell you to teach the class how to do dances and then how to explore creativity through movement using a drum that you have to buy for $20, but "you will use for the rest of your teaching career so it's worth it". Basically so ridiculous and it finished today!