Kas
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Life at the Library
Well, as you would all expect... life at the library is always exciting. I did get to ride in the elevator with an attractive man with facial hair today (it was so weird that I actually found him attractive because of the facial hair and not in spite of it like usual) and he said,"How's it going?" Those were his exact words - I'm pretty sure he was in love with me. Anyway, I've been doing the shipping job where basically I make boxes and put books in them using a lot of tape and cardboard for five hours a day. It's a pretty rough job and I've sustained a few injuries. Today I got a cardboard cut under the nail of my poor little pinkie finger. It started bleeding and I looked totally H core! Besides the physical injuries, my fellow employees at the library have also caused me some emotional pain. My good friend, Jowanza, got to meet Kortni the other day. She came in to steal my card so I introduced them. Kortni said," Oh, I've heard a lot about you." and Jowanza replied with,"Oh yeah? I can see the resemblance. Your hair is nicer though." (to Kortni). I was extremely offended at this comment and I brought it up later in the day, making some sarcastic joke about Kortni's hair being better. I told him that was a mean thing to say, to which he replied," It's not mean. It's true. Her hair is just better." I was very angry about it for the rest of the day, but I've forgiven him and we're friends again. Just today, he became a fan of redheads on Facebook. He's such a crazy kid. Then, this girl who works in shelving came into ILL and was talking to a pregnant girl who works with me. They were talking about graduation and random things and then they started talking about when the pregnant girl's baby was due. They were talking about this and then the shelver girl turns to me (who was totally not involved in the conversation) and said," You're pregnant too, right?" Uh...no. So I had to respond with," No.. I don't look pregnant, do I?" I wasn't even wearing a pregnant-looking shirt that day and I definitely don't wear a ring on my left ring finger.. maybe she thought I looked like a skank that would get pregnant before getting married. I'm pretty sure she just knew that someone in Lending is pregnant so she guessed it was me - it's not me, it's Stacy. But it was pretty exciting to be able to say that someone asked me if I'm pregnant today. Probably the first of many times that will happen to me in my life -especially after I'm so fat that I have to roll to church. I'm going home to Vegas on Saturday and then I'm heading out to Canada with the fam. If you post your address, I can send you a postcard! Then I'll be gone to El Salvador to do some good (hopefully). Hope you are all doing well. Love you and miss you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
KASIDY! I love the story about the girl asking you if you were pregnant. Really girl!?!? that must have been awkward for her. send me a postcard! 16017 Scenic Oaks tr. Buda Tx, 78610
HAHA!! That rumor would go great with your engagement rumor that was started. Text sarah bonn and tell her that story so she can start spreading it around.
745 N. 400 E. #5
Provo, UT 84606
Post a Comment