Monday, May 4, 2009

Hey team! I keep checking this blog like every couple of hours because I have found myself with almost nothing to do lately, and it makes me so happy when someone has posted something. I like you guys. So yeah, life with me has been going in waves of craziness and boringness. Last week was the worst. I've been staying at my sister's which is fun, but I really miss having my own place to stay. Mostly I've just been running errands and sleeping later than I did all school year. It's been nice, kind of. Then on Thursday my brother, sister, and I all drove up to Calgary. My brother's good friend was getting married so he wanted to go, and I wanted to go shopping and visit home before I left so it worked out great. We were only there for two full days, but it was still so fun! I got to see just about everyone I cared about seeing. The wedding was between a guy that grew up in my ward and the stake president's daughter, so it was like a giant reunion of all the people I grew up with. Plus it was catered and had the desert bar ever...I got a chocolate/caramel covered apple! Oh, but I do have some bad news. I ruined my clean driving record and got a massive speeding ticket! We were like two hours away from Calgary. My sister had been driving and wanted to switch cars, and I hadn't driven at all yet so I offered to do it. They got me when I was just coming off the freeway. Apparently the speed limit had changed from 100 or 110 km/hr to 60 but I didn't notice. They clocked me in going 116 in a 60, which is so bad! When the officer told me it was 60 I think he could tell I genuinely thought it was way higher. He was the nicest cop ever and had the best Canadian accent too. So yeah, he came back and gave me this whole explanation about how technically he should be giving me a pink slip, which is an automatic court order but instead he lowered my speed to 100 and I just had to pay a $264 fine. Which is ridiculous, but at least I don't have to go to court which I wouldn't be able to go to anyway! It was a really bad ticket, but at least it wasn't worse. So in summary: going to Canada: score; getting a $264 speeding ticket: bust. That sentence had a lot of colons and semicolons and I don't think I used them properly.

Anyway, I don't really have a whole lot more to say except that I wish I could see you all before Guatemala. Summer, are you planning on coming down anytime? How was wedding planning, and how are you doing now? Kasidy, Kylie, and Stefanie, I brought back a bunch of chocolate bars and if you're REALLY lucky you can have one (same with Summer, but you have to come get one and I don't think you even like chocolate)! Cory, I'm sad that you're in Texas and not Utah, but I like reading your posts! Also, lifeguarding sounds awesome except the part where you have to pay to get certified. I miss the boiling point. I hope you're all doing well and I love you all!

No comments: