Ok, I know I've been posting a lot...sorry about that. Anyway, I posted about my date on my public blog, but I wanted to tell you everything that happened on here.
So, he totally tricked me! I couldn't believe it. He KNOWS that I never wanted to hike the Y on a date, but of course, being the way he is, he made this the date. He only kept the date a secret because he thought I wouldn't go if it was hiking the Y.
Like I said in my other post, he let me decide if we were going to go or not. I really liked that he gave me an option, even though we ended up going anyway. I also was very glad it was just the two of us. Even though conversation was limited because I couldn't breathe, it was good just talking with him (no annoying roommate butting in to my conversation ever 5 seconds...I know, I'm rude but it's getting on my nerves). I realized that I really enjoy being around him. I was in a "good" mood even though I was hiking up a steep mountain, getting totally sweaty and gross, and feeling slightly embarrassed at how out of shape I am. But he was so nice about it, and also extremely encouraging. But here is the weird part of the date.
First of all, he had me call mom. That wasn't too weird, but still. You don't do that on dates. At least that's what my brother Matthew said. Haha. Since it was Light and Hike the Y for homecoming, there were a bunch of people there, including his sister. He didn't want to say hi to her, but she saw us and came up and brought all of her freshman friends to talk to us. It was kind of annoying and I wanted her to go away (even though she's nice and I like her, but come one...WE'RE ON A DATE!) She eventually left us alone, and then we walked down the mountain. When we got back down, she was there again and we all got on the same shuttle to go back. She was in the back and we were in the front and another girl in the van asked what everyone's names were so she was telling her and then she said mine and John's names and said "they're on a date so we'll just leave them alone" She said it quietly and I'm pretty sure John didn't hear her, but I was thinking "You aren't doing a very good job and leaving us alone!"
So then, we got back to the Hinckley Center and he told me that Jim, his brother, was going to come pick us up (which was a very nice gesture because he probably thought I would be tired, but I wanted to talk with him more). I told him he didn't have to and we could walk home so he called Jim and he was already on his way. So I said it was fine and that Jim could drive us home, but then John said No, he would tell Jim to go back home. Well, Jim was like 2 seconds away so he got there and stopped to talk to his sister and yelled out the window to me "Hey Kylie! I have some romantic music playing in here!" All I could do was laugh uncomfortably. They he said "I'm sure if your hand gets cold, John will hold in for you!" REALLY JIM. I'M GOING TO CUT YOU! That's what I thought. First of all, John wasn't ever going to do that, but even if he was, he'll definitely no do it now. (Oh yah, before the date Jim texted me and said "Have fun on your date tonight. Don't let John kiss you." I just wrote back "Oh gosh, Jim..." Seriously?
So, obviously the date could have gone SO MUCH better: Like if his sister and brother hadn't been there and we hadn't hiked the Y (he he), but it was fun nonetheless.
And, I think it's saying something that I still have a crush on him even though he forced me to hike the Y.
P.S. He just came in to say hi to me before he went to take his test...!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment