Monday, May 18, 2009

Cory is...

just hanin out!!

I have been babysitting for a lady in my ward. Today was the fourth time and I will go back three more times this week. The money is amazing but it's better than nothing. It gives me something to do and the kdis are dang cute. Their names are Ethan and Alivia. The boy is four and the girl is 5.

Alivia asked me how old I was so I told her to guess. "Uhhh, 61?" Nope, I am not 61. I don't know if you remember that little girl from the sports Spectacular who guessed I was like 60 or something. Are they just little and don't know or do they really think I'm that old.

I was watching Dora the Explorer with Ethan before his nap and Dora was trying to help this freaky Mexican king guy figure out where his boot went. She had figured out that it didn't go on his head, and she asked the kids at home watching, "Where does a boot go?" The king held out his foot that had a sock on it but no boot and Ethan quickly answered, "In the shoe basket!" It was so precious.

Also, Alivia can never remember my name. When I get there she will say, "Hi, Cory!" and is so excited but later when we'll be talking or playing she will aske me, "Uhh, what's your name again?" or ,"Are you Anna?" It's so cute.

We've blown bubbles, made forts, read books, watched Bolt, put away dishes, danced to Mexican Mariachi (I don't know how to spell that) music, and just had tons of fun. They are so cute!

Also, I have been walking my dog, Sam,. We go for about a 2ish mile walk in the afternoons. It's usually pretty hot but it's a lot of fun and I get a tan while I'm at it.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Cory that sounds so fun! I actually really miss being able to babysit. those were such cute and funny stories too! i love it. did you decide not to do the lifeguard thing?

Cory Sue said...

yea, I decided not to do lifeguarding. The training was expensive and really long during the same weekend that I had Anna's dance recital and a friends wedding reception. It just didn't work out...also you had to be able to swim 500yards!! that's 5 football fields non stop. NOt gunna happen!!

Kasidy said...

Haha.. oh Cory. I think you could swim five football fields. You just need to practice a little. Those kids sound so cute. Kids crack me up.. I love how they say whatever they want. Congrats on finding something to do. I miss you!